The holiday season is almost here and your head is spinning with holiday gift ideas for your travel junkie friend. You are determined not to let the last minute rush catch you off guard again this holiday season. So you make a list and like any true warrior you plan your attack. You are in ready set go mode when you remember your travel junkie friend. Then you freeze, you remember the hours you spent last year thinking of what to get for them for the holidays only to end up with an amazon.com gift card. But this year you are determined to make it better, to make it personal and with black Friday and cyber Monday deals coming soon you get back on track and plan for success
Below are some recommended gifts for your island hopping, globe trotting, nomadic buddy:
- You can never go wrong with a Kindle Paperwhite.
- Metal flask / canteen like this one will have many uses on the road: New Wave Enviro Tinted Stainless Steel Water Bottle (0.6-Liter).
- External mobile phone charger for those long days of site seeing.
- Portable Internet booster/extender like this one to help with slow internet connections: NETGEAR N300 Wi-Fi Range Extender – Wall Plug Version.
- Unlocked phones for international travel come in handy in remote locations where Internet is not available for Skype calls.
- Get creative and head to your local department store for a “DIY Travel Kit”. Some of the things we recommend to include are: small toiletry travel bag, earplugs, eye mask, lip balm, hand cream and hand sanitizer. You can toss is some extras like; travel pillow and/or pashmina/scarf/sarong that can be doubled as an in flight blanket.
And when everything else fails, you will never go wrong with the all mighty Amazon gift card.
Additionally, here are some of the best and most helpful sites with holiday gift ideas for travelers:
- Traveletts list is short, sweet, practical and has a combination of items that fit every budget.
- Travel Fashion Girl (TFG) has a comprehensive list with many pictures. It is actually an e-book.
- Uncommongoods’s list is not precisely for holidays but I loved what came up for travel gifts and the budget range.
- Extra pact of peanuts has a shorter list most of the items are in the high end of a budget range but if you are thinking of a very special person this list might suit you (and it’s mostly technology items).
- Eagle creek has a his and hers approach to the list. There is something for every budget but this is mostly on the mid-high end. You will impress your special someone with one of these gifts.
Was this article helpful? Which one of the resources linked in this article did you enjoy the most?